Sabtu, 25 September 2010
[News] Super Junior Member Hangeng Won’t Give Up Korean Market
Super Junior member Hangeng, who launched his solo singing career in China after he sued his agency, SM Entertainment, said he will not give up the Korean market despite focusing on the Chinese music market.
In a recent interview with Chinese media, Hangeng said being a solo artist is quite stressful compared to being in Super Junior where he would only do his part.
Hangeng, the only Chinese member of Super Junior, sued SM Entertainment in December last year to void his exclusive contract with the Korean agency.
He returned to China where he started charting his solo career as a singer.
Despite what happened, Hangeng believes that he still has fans in Korea.
“There are still fans who are supporting me over there after all,” Hangeng said in a translation by fan forum geng-bao.net.
Hangeng released his first solo Chinese album “Geng Xin” in July and to date, it has sold 350,000 copies in China, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Hong Kong.
A new version of the album will be released on Oct. 1 that will contain 10 songs and seven music videos.
Hangeng recently held an album signing event in Shenzhen where he met with fans.
Despite being new in the Chinese music market, Hangeng has snagged a nomination as Most Popular Mainland Male Singer in the 10th CCTV-MTV Music Awards.
Hangeng is nominated in the category together with C-pop singers Sun Nan, Wang Feng, Chen Kun, Huang Xiaoming.
The music awards will recognize outstanding singers in the C-pop industry from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.
The CCTV-MTV Music Awards will be held on Oct. 18 in Beijing.
Cr: JONATHAN M. HICAP @ Manila Bulletin
Shared by: myhaeverything @ sapphirepearls.com